The 2021 NFL draft is now less than a month away and that means its officially mock draft season! Last week the 49ers made a huge trade with the Dolphins moving up 9 spots in the draft. Now the 49ers hold the 3rd overall pick and the consensus is the team is eyeing their QB of their future. Find out where these top QBs in the draft are going to go below!
Recap of the Bears & Packers picks below.
- JAX: QB Trevor Lawrence Clemson
- NYJ: QB Zach Wilson BYU
- SF: QB Mac Jones Alabama
- ATL: QB Josh Fields Ohio State
- CIN: OT Penei Sewell Oregon
- MIA: WR DeVonta Smith Alabama
- DET: WR Ja’Marr Chase LSU
- CAR: QB Trey Lance North Dakota State
- DEN: LB Micah Parsons Penn State
- DAL: OT Rashawn Slater Northwestern
- NYG: TE Kyle Pitts Florida
- PHI: CB Patrick Surtain II Alabama
- LAC: WR Jaylen Waddle Alabama
- MIN: OL Alijah Vera-Tucker USC
- NE: CB Jaycee Horn South Carolina
- ARI: CB Caleb Fairley Virginia Tech
- LV: OT Christian Darrisaw Virginia Tech
- MIA: Edge Azeez Ojulari Georgia
- WSH: OT Teven Jenkins Oklahoma State
- CHI: OT Liam Eichenberg Notre Dame
- IND: CB Greg Newsome II Northwestern
- TEN: S Trevon Moehrig TCU
- NYJ: RB Najee Harris Alabama
- PIT: OT Samuel Cosmi Texas
- JAX: WR Kadarius Toney Florida
- CLE: Edge Kwity Paye Michigan
- BAL: LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame
- NO: Edge Gregory Rousseau Miami(FL)
- GB: WR Rondale Moore Purdue
- BUF: Edge Jayson Oweh Penn State
- KC: OL Landon Dickerson Alabama
- TB: RB Travis Etienne Clemson
First the Bears couldn’t land a better QB via free agency, second the Bears lose out on all the young QBs in the draft with each of the top 5 guys going within the top 8 selections. The Bears are completely stuck with the 20th overall selection. After the struggles on the offensive line last season it’s clear that the Bears have to address those struggles early on in the draft.
Chicago is getting a plug in & play starter at the offensive tackle position with Liam Eichenberg. The redshirt senior out of Notre Dame brings a ton of experience and can start day one for the Bears at right tackle replacing Bobby Massie. Eichenberg has struggled in the past with speed rushers when it comes to pass protection situations but can still be dominant in the run game. David Montgomery had a breakout season in 2020 and the Bears must build on that going forward and that starts up front on the o-line with Liam Eichenberg.
My favorite selection in my mock draft is Green Bay’s selection of WR Rondale Moore. The NFL is a copycat league and teams are looking out for the next Tyreek Hill type of player. I believe the Packers found their guy with the speedster out of Purdue. Moore ran a 4.33 40 yard dash out of high school and can probably improve on that time at the next level. During Moore’s pro day he ran a blazing 4.29 40 yard dash and followed that up by jumping out of the building with his 42.7 vertical jump! This guy is a playmaker waiting to happen on the field and would fit perfectly in Green Bay’s offense.